What is StandardsLearn.org?
StandardsLearn.org is the premier online resource for e-Learning programs that help
to raise awareness of standards and conformity assessment activities. The site provides
an online learning experience for all those who want or need general standards-related
education. StandardsLearn.org is sponsored by the American
National Standards Institute (ANSI).
What is asynchronous training?
Asynchronous (self-paced) training is an effective educational model that allows
students to learn at their own speed and convenience. The asynchronous model was
chosen for StandardsLearn.org as a means of providing engaging, easy-to-use and
cost-effective training to a wide target audience.
What types of courses are currently provided on StandardsLearn.org?
The courses provided on StandardsLearn.org highlight the value and importance of
standards and compliance programs at home and around the globe.
A full list of current courses is available here.
What resources are available on StandardsLearn.org?
The online resources on StandardsLearn.org connect you with useful information and educational materials on national and international standardization activities. Resources include:
- Courses – Free eLearning courses provided as a public service by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- Standardization Case Studies – Links to case studies across a variety of disciplines where standardization – either in concept or actual practice – helped in the resolution of real-world problems
- Standards in the Classroom – A list of university courses offered in the U.S. dedicated to the study of standards and standardization
- Standards Education Database – Links to web-based education and distance learning resources related to standards and the organizations that develop them
- Acronym Directory – A database of acronyms commonly used in the standards and conformity assessment community
- ANSI Education and Training Services – Services provided directly from the American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- K-12 Student Resources – Free multimedia learning resources for students or anyone looking for a general, user-friendly introduction to standards
What is the American National Standards Institute?
The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) is a private non-profit organization
whose mission is to enhance U.S. global competitiveness and the American quality
of life by promoting, facilitating, and safeguarding the integrity of the voluntary
standardization and conformity assessment system. The Institute is committed to
bringing e-learning options to the standards community and general public. All courses
and information offered on www.StandardsLearn.org are free of charge and provided
as a public service.